apparently, I am NOT invincible...
Well, it's happened... I ate/drank something bad and am now sick. blah. I thought it was too good to be true to be completely healthy during the first week! I was taking many precautions - brushing my teeth with bottled water, washing fruits with soap, turning down coffee when offered to me, etc... Alas, I did not escape the little bacterias that infect pretty much every foreigner that comes to Honduras. At least I came prepared with Immodium and stronger prescription stuff if I need it...
Yesterday, I washed all my clothes... by hand! My mother must be proud. :) Note to self: do not pile up a week's worth of clothing when there are no washing machines on hand. My hosts did offer to take me over to where I could use one, but my pride made me decline and spend about an hour and a half washing clothes. Actually, it was kind of relaxing.
Still working on getting the pictures up...
Yesterday, I washed all my clothes... by hand! My mother must be proud. :) Note to self: do not pile up a week's worth of clothing when there are no washing machines on hand. My hosts did offer to take me over to where I could use one, but my pride made me decline and spend about an hour and a half washing clothes. Actually, it was kind of relaxing.
Still working on getting the pictures up...

4 Comments:
what's up? Stella..^^ what? you don't have any washing machine..oh..I'm so worry about you..Please take care yourself..and come back to Korea as soon as possible..cya~
By
Anonymous, at 17 October, 2005 23:20
Hand washed laundry! Now that is something :)
By
Anonymous, at 18 October, 2005 16:59
haha- sorry, I know I shouldn't be laughing at your pain, but I'm just recalling my own experiences overseas when I too realized that, no, I'm not invincible :P But I feel your pain :(
wish you were here in New York too...
By
Anonymous, at 18 October, 2005 19:47
hi stella *^^*
remember me? i'm charles' friend, heuijeong. i don't think you would.. kk
anyway, it sounds really cool that you're working for a hospital. take care in Honduras, and wish you become a real nice doctor!
and excuse my poor English --;
bye!
By
Anonymous, at 19 October, 2005 07:24
Post a Comment
<< Home